- "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved."
This webiste is dedicated to the Chinese wisdom and wise sayings of Confucius (Kong Fu Zu), the great sage of China. It is composed of quotations of Confucius organized by category. The quotations are taken from The Confucian Analects.
On security Confucius said:
On personal flaws of character Confucius said:
- "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them."
- "When we see men of worth, we should think of equaling them; when we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves."
Of leadership and proper planning Confucius said:
- "The people may be made to follow a path of action, but they may not be made to understand it."
- "If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand."